Good morning! Happy New Year!! Hope you all are recovering nicely! Here are my resolutions for this fabby new year!
1. Get gussied up more. This year I would like to be better at making plans to go out with the hubby and don my best dress. Plus, my sparkle. Obviously.
2. Drink more water. Like Natalie, I need to get healthy for the big day. I have found several water recipes like this one or this one via Pinterest that I am dying to try. Simple solutions are usually the soundest, right?
3. Listen better. I have lots on my mind lately and sometimes I get a little sidetracked when I am chatting with loved ones. I need to put down the to do list and really listen. They mean the world to me and they deserve my undivided attention.
4. Be in the moment. I don’t know about you, but when you are this age (21 and a half) you start feeling like there is this giant race called life and sometimes I start feeling like I’m losing. Obviously, this is not the case. I need to enjoy where I am right now. Cause it’s pretty great.
5. Make the bed everyday. Ok, confession time. I don’t always make the bed. But there is just something so sweet about getting into a made bed. I’m sure all of you know this and already do it. Ugh, I’ll try!!
6. Take a trip. This needs to happen and STAT. While we lived in Richmond, every time we got some time off, we went to see family because that was important to us. Now that we live closer, I see a vacation in our future!
7. Eat more veggies. Gotta throw this one in there. Big wedding and all. But seriously, I am horrible at this and need to be better.
8. Keep writing. This year marked a great for me in terms of documenting more and writing to loved ones. I want to keep that going in the new year!
9. Laugh more. Anyone who knows me AT ALL knows that I tend to be a bit of a worry wart. Just a touch. Sometimes I just need to laugh it off. Slough off the little things. In the grand scheme of things, who cares if that one little task gets done just a touch after you’d like it to?
10. Finish off the basement. We were fortunate to buy a house that was for the most part exactly how we want it. This year, we would like to finish off the basement and get it to be the best hangout spot this side of the Mississippi! Who wants to help?!
Cheers to 2014!