The first thing I do when I wake up is swish coconut oil. I know. Disgusting. I gagged like the first 15 times I did it, but you get used to it. You swish for 20 minutes and the health benefits are amazing. Read more on oil pulling here.
If you’re anything like me, you’re not ready for full makeup first thing in the morning. Whether we are talking weekday or weekend…I need just a wee bit of time to get going. So before I leave the house (usually around 6 am) or before entering the next room I do these simple things:
1. I always keep my beauty items stored in a to-go bag. I don’t know about you, but I like the snooze button. Why not be prepared by storing your items in this adorable cosmetic bag? You’ll notice I also have travel size versions of everything (I refill from the larger containers) so that I am able to throw everything in this bag easily.
2. I talked more about my elaborate hair routine here. Ha. Mostly, when it comes to my hair…I’m a ‘can I get away with one more day?’ kind of gal. WEN has done wonders for me and this replenishing mist gives your hair an instant lift!
3. This polish. Oh my. It’s like an instant manicure and it dries quick. A quick once-over every few days does the trick!
4. Bobby pins. I always have one in my hair. And they are all over the house. Matt loves it.
5. EOS Lip Balm. Heaven.
6. Simple Revitalizing Eye Roll-on. This thing has a metal ball on it that feels like a million bucks first thing in the morning.
7. I have fairly normal skin–except in the winter and then I feel like my face is literally flaking off–this Kiehl’s ultra facial moisturizer works all times of the year. It’s fabulous.
8. And of course my glasses are never off my face. They are my permanent accessory.
So what are your first thing in the morning beauty essentials? Anything you can’t live without?
I tried Wen products several years ago. A former coworker used them and her hair looked so amazing and healthy so I purchased Wen too. But it made my hair look/feel so oily. I wish it had worked for me.
Oil pulling sounds interesting. I just may give it a try after getting back from vacation.
Planning for Paris said:
Do you have thin hair? I could totally see being better for thick hair types…
You should definitely give coconut oil a try!! My teeth look so much whiter and it feels more natural than whitening strips!!