Good morning, friends! Happy Friday!! I am soaking up every single last second of this glorious Friday as it is my last day before heading back to work for the new school year. How in the world is it already time to go back?! As I mentioned on Instagram, this time of year is always bittersweet. I love how crisp a new year feels–from new clothes and supplies to the promise of a new start, but it also comes with having to say goodbye to the little reprieve that teachers and students feel with the summer months. When I begin to whine that my freedom is gone, my sweet husband reminds me that teachers are the only people on the planet that enjoy this break. Le sigh. Back to the grind! Here is my little round-up to get me excited for this new year!
1. I don’t know if I am just being lazy or if my hair is doing all new things with my current preggo state, but this summer I have not had to wash my hair–like ever. By day five or six things get a little weird, but that’s what adorable headbands are for…right? And for only $6, I’d say this is a steal and a must have for this fall!
2. Ok, so JCrew is having a mega sale. Right now with code SUMMERSALE, you can get 40% off regular merchandise and sale items and an additional 75% off some clearance. There are a ton of basics that I am eyeing like this top. I was able to find some tanks that are super cute in the clearance section for as little as 3 or 4 dollars! Score!
3. I am almost embarrassed by how little sun I was able to soak up this summer. With the exception of a few glorious days on the boat in Madison, I was mostly inside. Might need to get a little faux tan going with this bronze complexion highlighter.
4. I get a little too giddy when I start thinking about fall. Essie Smokin’ Hot is going to be my fall nail color. Swoon.
5. I absolutely cannot wait to go back to school shopping for this baby one day. They better like it as much as I do…it’s genetic right? I’m just going to go ahead and say yes and buy this sweatshirt.
6. I went ahead and purchased this planner because A. It is currently 20% off and B. I am making so many lists of things to do these days…I simply need a larger planner than the one I am currently using. Quick question I wanted to throw out there to all you mamas: I am a huge fan of stockpiling (kinda, a little, obsessed with couponing) and want to know things you recommend buying before baby. I have heard you should prepare lots of meals for the freezer, load up on your normal hygiene products, but what else?! Any and all thoughts welcome!
7. Like I said, I cannot wait to buy baby school supplies. This book. Come on!
8. I get Staples text offers because I am a couponaholic and when you pair $ off offers with 15 cent deals AND manufacturer coupons, you can score a pretty sweet deal. Imagine my surprise when they texted me an offer for a FREE 12 pack of Poppin Pens. WHAT?! I literally ran there and snagged up one of the only colors I did not already have. So excited to add purple to my hoard!
9. I NEED these shoes for the new school year. Right?
Hope you all have an amazing weekend!!